Validity of Prescriptions
Prescriptions will only be recognised as valid within 12 months from the date of the eye test. We are unable to accept any prescriptions for online orders once it has expired.
In the event that your prescription has expired, you may book an appointment with us for an eye check or you may visit your optometrist / optician to obtain a new prescription. Please ensure that your name, date of eye exam and the prescriber / optical store is clearly shown on the prescription card.
Following Your Old Prescription
Prescription from Sightonomy
If your last eye exam was done at Sightonomy, you may choose to follow your previous prescription for your future purchases.
If the eye check was done more than 6 months ago or if you feel that your prescription may have changed, you may book an appointment to review your prescription. In the event that the vision is unclear and a prescription that is more than 6 months is used, we are unable to provide any prescription warranty for the lenses.
Prescription from other optical stores
If you have provided a prescription from other optical stores, please kindly note that there will be no prescription warranty for the lenses in the event that the vision is unclear. As we provide a complimentary eye check with every purchase, you may book an appointment to review or confirm your prescription.
Prescription from specialist's clinic
If you were given a prescription given by a specialist’s clinic, please contact us for more information.
Lens coating quality issues will be covered for 6 months from the date of purchase. However, please take note that scratches are not covered under this warranty.
Manufacturing defects on frames will be covered for 6 months from the date of purchase. In the event that the frame is beyond repair due to any manufacturing defects, we will do a 1-to-1 replacement for the frame.
Please take note that wear and tear on the frames are not covered by the warranty. Examples of wear and tear include but are not limited to discoloration of frames, corrosion of metallic parts due to prolonged exposure to moisture, scratches on frame, any damages to the frame resulting from misuse or negligence.
In the event that you have received a damaged pair of glasses that was delivered to your address, please contact us within 24 hours of receipt and we will assist you promptly.
Sightonomy reserves the right in its sole discretion to assess and honour any warranty claims.
Using Your Own Frames
If you would like to use your own frame, please visit us and we will advise accordingly. Once you leave your frame with us, we will take good care of them. However, please take note that we will not be liable for any damage (i.e. scratches, breakage, discoloration) to the frame during the fitting and no compensation or refund will be provided.
Sightonomy reserves the right in its sole discretion to assess the suitability of the frame for the lens fitting before accepting it.
Exchanges and Refund
All spectacle orders are strictly non-refundable nor exchangeable after the order has been processed. Kindly refer to the sections above for frame and lens warranty information.
Every purchase at Sightonomy's physical store(s) or online will entitle you to a complimentary eye examination. The eye examination will include a subjective refraction which is performed by a licenced optometrist / optician. In the event that you do not wish to make any purchase on your visit, please note that eye examinations are chargeable at $30 per person. You will be provided with your prescription details together with your payment receipt.
In the event that you would like to purchase a pair of spectacles with the given prescription, please contact us to complete your purchase in-store within 45 days from the date of the eye exam. The $20 eye examination fee will be refunded upon full payment of your purchase.
Data Protection Notice For CustomersThis Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Sightonomy Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address, telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status and photograph.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(g) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(h) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(i) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within seven (7) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within fourteen (14) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as minimised collection of personal data, authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), encryption of data, data anonymisation, up-to-date antivirus protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, securely erase storage media in devices before disposal, web security measures against risks, and security review and testing performed regularly.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
21. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : 80289690
Email Address : email@example.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
22. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 11/10/2022
Last updated : 11/10/2022