What Are Progressive Lenses?
Progressive lenses combines your distance and reading prescriptions seamlessly into one lens. They allow you to see near, far and everything in between. A pair of progressives is probably be enough to meet most of your vision needs.
Do I Need Progressive Lenses?
Similar to progressive lenses, the power gradually changes from the lower portion of the lenses (for reading up-close) to the upper portion (for intermediate distances).
How Do Progressive Lenses Work?
Progressive lenses work by changing the power from the top of the lens to the bottom gradually. You can enjoy a clear range of vision over various distances by simply moving your eyes up and down to cater to your visual activity.
The top portion of the lens will be for distance vision, and the bottom portion will be for near work. The portion in between is used for intermediate distances such as the computer screen. Unlike the bifocal lenses in the past, progressive lenses do not have the distinct line in the middle.
Which Progressive Lenses Is Right For Me?
Choosing the right pair of progressives is not as daunting as one may have imagined it to be. When you come in for your appointment, we will discuss your needs and guide you through the available options. By understanding your prescription, lifestyle routine, personal habits and visual requirements, we are able to determine which lenses will suit you best.Book Your Free Progressive Lens Consultation
Tips For Wearing Progressives Comfortably
- Consider getting started on progressives once you start experiencing the symptoms of presbyopia. Starting early is easier as the power change from distance to near is very gradual compared to several years later.
- Remember to move your head and not just your eyes to glance into a specific direction. The clearest vision on the lenses is always along the centre.
- Keep your chin up and lower your eyes to see through the lower portion of the lenses for reading.
- Take it a little slower when you are walking on steps and lower your head to make sure that you are looking through the upper portion of the lens to see the steps clearly.
- Wear your progressives daily as you go about your day. You will be able to adapt to your new progressives much faster and see more naturally in no time.
- Keep the computer screen slightly below your eye level for viewing comfort.
Progressive Lenses at sightonomy
We offer three types of progressives which caters to a wide range of the population. We will discuss these options with you during your visit to see which is best for you.
Standard - Easy to adapt to with a good range and field of view for distance, intermediate and near. Good all-rounder that delivers exceptional value for its price.
Defino - Comes with a wider range and field of view for distance and intermediate vision. Near vision is also improved and adaptation is easier as compared to the standard range.
Primo - Delivers superior vision at all distances with wide field of view and minimal zones of soft focus. Primo lenses are the easiest to adapt to and offers the best viewing comfort among our range of progressive lenses.
Progressive Lenses Price - Clear
Progressive Lenses Price with Transitions™ Gen 8
Branded Progressive Lenses
We also offer progressive lenses from most major lens manufacturers including: